A Minor Injuries Unit can treat injuries that are not critical or life-threatening.
You may wish to consider calling 111 in the first instance before attending the Minor Injuries Unit at St Mary’s, Newport.
Types of injuries treated by the Minor Injuries Unit can include:
- injuries to upper and lower limbs
- broken bones, sprains, bruises and wounds
- bites – human, animal and insect
- burns and scalds
- abscesses and wound infections
- minor head injuries
- broken noses and nosebleeds
- foreign bodies in the eyes and nose